Per is a respected industry leader with over 40 years of experience in the technology sector. He is often sought after for his innovative perspective on applying technology solutions to meet complex business requirements. The past 25 years have been devoted to the pursuit of technical excellence in the municipal sector by transforming organizations to achieve their full potential through trusted and collaborative leadership, while creating a culture of outstanding customer service. Per has achieved recognition for the effective application of technology to reduce costs, improve service and engage citizens and customers in the process. He has participated on many provincial and national Boards and Committees and brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise on Information Management, Information Technology, Telecommunications and 9-1-1 Services.
Provide advice to organizations on how best to utilize information technology to meet business objectives Key Skills: Leadership, Technology Visioning, and Business Transformation.
- Leadership experience in a senior management role
- Assist with business transformation through adoption of new technologies
- Development of strategic technology plan
- Perform human resources review and staffing recommendations
- Research and Identify opportunities in the emerging trends and technologies
- Project manage technology or business system implementation
- Improve customer service, engagement and collaboration
- Proven track record of technology governance and enterprise strategic planning
- Excellent knowledge of information management/technology (IM/IT) services and solutions
Employed in public sector (federal, provincial, municipal), private sector, and co-operatives. Focus has been on Business Process Re-engineering through the innovative and effective use of leading edge technology, bringing cost saving and improved customer service to organizations.
- Municipal IT Director/Chief Information Officer(CIO)
- Provided continual improvement to the organization through innovative and effective leadership of the Information Technology department. Improved governance structures and established collaborative processes with internal and external service partners. Attained national recognition for the services and technologies implemented, the improvements to customer service, and the increased organizational effectiveness.
- IT Services Director:
- Established leading edge accounting and payroll services for a public sector not-for-profit and its member organizations. Re-engineered the administrative offices through the introduction of personal computers and local networks.
- IT Systems Implementer:
- Implemented a comprehensive ERP suite of systems, taking a private sector $100 million business from a manual based accounting system to a fully computerized service.
- Accounting Services Manager:
- Managed the accounting services for this $100 million section of the enterprise, upgrading and implementing new technological solutions to streamline the management for 6 remote mills.
- IT Business Analyst:
- Developed and implemented innovative systems solutions for this large co-operatives organization, including a new inventory control and replenishment system for multiple warehouses.
Boards and Industry Associations
- Municipal Information Systems Association (MISA)
- • Past President, MISA BC Chapter
• National Association formation Board member
• Awarded Life Membership
- Integrated Cadastral Information Society (ICIS)
- • Board member, Local Government
- Public Sector CIO Council (PSCIOC)
- • Council member, Municipal Government
- Institute for Citizen Centred Service (ICCS)
- • Board member, Local Government
- Association 9-1-1 Service Providers of BC
- • Local Government Service Provider member
• Chair, Wireless Committee
- OneStop Business Registration of BC
- • Partnership Board representative, Local Government
- Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS)
- • Past President, Regina Chapter
Masters Business Administration, University of Saskatchewan
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, University of British Columbia
GTEC Distinction Award 1999: Gold Medal, Municipal Innovation
MISA/ASIM Canada Peter Bennett Award 2007: Municipal Leadership
Mid-Island Science and technology Council 2009: Technology Leadership
MISA BC Spirit of Innovation Award: 2000, 2007, 2013 Municipal Innovation
Institute of Public Administrators of Canada (IPAC) 2013: Gold Innovation Award
Backbone Magazine, 2013: Recognized as a top 5 CIO in Canada